Menu Close

Vocations

SEMINARIES

It was the first formal education school in Uganda, founded in 1893 at Villa Maria by Bishop Henry Streicher with Pere Marcou as its first Rector (Headteacher). It settled at Bukalasa in 1903. It runs typical secondary school programs from S.1 to S.6 with additional training in Christian values as the boys begin being prepared for priesthood. There are 14 priests teaching there and lay teachers as well. The number of students is close to 350.

For more information click on Bukalasa Minor Seminary

Katigondo National Major Seminary was finally established in 1911, at its current location in this diocese. It is under the Uganda Catholic Episcopal Conference working through its Episcopal Commission for priestly formation. Seminarians from all over Uganda spend three years studying Philosophy and related ecclesiastical courses. Katigondo is affiliated to the Urban University in Rome and awards students with Bachelor of Philosophy degree.

For more information click on Katigongo National Major Seminary